Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 051: Painting Ariel

On this day I was able to share a wonderful afternoon with my favorite 5 year old, Dana. She came to me a month ago saying she wanted to go paint pottery with me at the Pottery Stop in Ellicott City. She explained to me, in her cute, little precocious way, that they had her favorite princess, Princess Tiana, and my favorite princess, Ariel, and that it would only make sense for us to go. So, of course, we went! I had such a great time with her-picking out the colors, helping her with the details (when she would let me, of course), and just talking with her. What a great day :)

Past Outfit:





It was actually semi-warm that day. YahooOooo! I wore a long-sleeve powder blue sweater with some detailing around the neck. I paired it with my high-waisted black skirt, black tights, navy blue oxfords, and gold flower earrings. I dug up my camel colored, wool trench coat that I adore and added some red lipstick. I was going for a very prim and proper look that day. I wanted everything to be very tidy looking. Going with this I put my hair in a side ponytail with about a zillion bobby pins to keep every hair in place.

The Breakdown:
  • Sweater-Estate sale-free
  • Skirt: H&M-$20
  • Tights: Urban Outfitters-$18
  • Oxfords: Forever 21-$12
  • Earrings: Forever 21-$5
  • Coat: H&M-$20
P.S. That trench coat was $100 on sale for $20. I searched high and low for an affordable trench coat. This coat is proof that it is possible to find what you want for the price that you want! Just keeping plugging away through sale racks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...